15 Interesting facts about Indian Cricket
Here are some amazing and interesting cricket facts that you must know whether you are a cricket fan or not. Some facts are so amazing that you will laugh like hell after reading them. And some will force you to think hundred times that could it be possible. Read these 15 interesting facts about Indian Cricket here:
- Cricket was first time played in India in 1848. That means 165 years from now.
- Gundappa Vishwanath, Mohammed Azharuddin and Sourav Ganguly, Sehwag, Shikhar dhawan are the 5 Indian Cricketers to score a century in their debut match.
- Indian Cricket team is the one and only team who holds the record of getting dismissed twice in a single day in a test match.
- Bhausaheb Nimbalkar could not break the world record of 452 runs scored by Bradman because he had to go for his marriage. Actually, he had made 432 runs before the final day and he had to go for his marriage on the last day. So, he could not break the record.
- M.S. Dhoni holds the world record of 6 dismissals by a wicketkeeper in a single match. He made this record in 2007 against England.
- The highest scores by Virender Sehwag are 119, 219 and 319 in T20, ODI and test matches respectively.
- Bhagwat Chandrasekhar is the only cricketer in Indian History who has record of taking more wickets than making runs in his career. He took 242 wickets and made only 177 runs in his test career.
- M.S. Dhoni has not scored any century outside Asia in his career.
- Sourav Ganguly is the only Indian player to hit a ton in the knockout match of a world cup
- Mohammad Azharuddin is the only batsman to score three centuries in the first three test matches.
- Shahid Afridi used the bat of Sachin Tendulkar to hit the fastest ODI century of his career.
- Abbas Ali Baig (Indian Cricketer) was kissed by a young pretty girl during a test match. This beautiful incident took place at Brabourne Stadium in 1960.
- Ravi Shastri is the only Indian Cricketer to have batted on all five days of a test match.
- Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi was the only Indian Cricketer to have played for two countries. He played for both India and England. (He is the grandfather of Saif Ali Khan.)
- Indian Team is the only one to have won world cups of 60 overs, 50 overs and 20 overs.